Before 2010 goal resolution

There will be no doubt that the very first goal of playing poker is TO MAKE MONEY. However one will not be able to make money without CONSISTENTLY improving himself. I find myself not improving enough, compared to how much effort I've put in the first half of 2009. In Dec 2009, I turned out to be a player who just wanted to make money rather than to get better. Now it is 2010 and I believe that if my poker mindset is still like this, I'll be a loser very very soon.

For now, NL600 is certainly a tough level for me to overcome. I find myself just a mediocre winner at this stake, which brings me much more variance than ever. Many times it happened: once I run bad at 600, suddenly I forget what I've learned then become an 8 tablings 3-betting happy monkey. I did realize my tilt but just hard to convince myself quitting the game as the smartest decision.

For adjustment, I think now it's better to set a rule for myself. My rule will be:
1. Playing NL600 - at most 6 tablings, do table selection, and avoid strong regulars esp when ill be OOP all day.
2. Playing NL400 - 8 tablings is fine but remember to focus on every pot. Money at NL400 is still good enough for me to keep concentrating on. Never have the thought of 'if i lose at 400 then i can easily make it up at 600' - No You just fucking WON'T by playing like a monkey.

**
Before finishing this post I've tried to play 6 tablings NL600 and did pretty good. This is a good start and I hope to keep it long.

歐克力撲克

2006在美國唸書時接觸到德州撲克後就對她超級著迷,撲克現金桌從NL5開始打起,歷經3次破產才終於慢慢站穩腳步,持續向上升級,目前與每天見面的牌桌常客廝殺慘烈,期待能踩著他們壯烈的身軀到高等級與世界級高手火拼!!!

較新的 較舊

聯絡表單